Monday, November 07, 2005

Garage door woes.

Today is sunny and bright. My husband woke me up earlier than usual so I don't think I'm fully awake yet! This may be a day when I have to have a nap!

I am hoping the garage door people will call me today and come out and fix the garage door. It hasn't been installed that long ago and now I have to help it up sometimes. What a pain. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an automatic door opener and then I have to get out of the car and help it up! It comes up about an inch and groans and stops. Sometimes it will go ahead and with much protesting finally raise on up.

There is a squirrel in the oak tree outside the window. I love to watch them and their antics! Amazing how they can jump from tree to tree! After the wind we had over the weekend the trees are getting kind of bare, at least some of them. The yard is full of leaves, mostly from the neighbor's maple tree. They are really pretty though. I'm hoping another wind will blow them back out of the yard and I won't have to rake them!

9 Comments:

Blogger Cheyenne said...

We never rake leaves. It is so windy where we live that the leaves end up in the next county!

11:22 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love the picture you paint of the squirals going from place to place...they are such cute little critters...

Ahh yes..the Garage Door Opener! Hope the guy came!!! It certainly does defeat the purpose if you have to get out of the car every time!(lol)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

If I had a gargage, I would definitely want a garage door opener. I wish I had a garage!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Excellent post Rachel. Definitely take a nap. I've never had any trouble with my garage door opener. Well, a little, like today, she didn't want to get up.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, funny Cliff!! You may get bonked in the head for that one!! LOL

7:49 AM  
Blogger EV said...

I stopped by via Cliff. He's sooo right - great writing and clever, too. I'll be back!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I love to watch squirrels too. My fifteen year old son has been trying to catch one all his life. He creeps up on them and always talks about how close he got to catching it. Poor kid will never get one unless it's sick or something.
I'm here via Cliff.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Well first of all make time for the nap. Don't count on the wind blowing the leaves away - it never blows the neighbors leaves back into their yard.
Ralph

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirrels are funny. There's one I usually see in our backyard that makes "chip chip" sounds and twitches it's tail up and down when it sees my cats in the window. It acts so huffy and indignant! Hmpf!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter