Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Kudzu and the Good Old Days


I really appreciate all the folks that read my blog. I am new at blogging so I have much to learn!
I want to figure out how to post a link to other blogs that I read regularly. That is just one thing of many I need to learn how to do!!

It is warm here now like summer again, except for all the leaves flying off the trees! In the wind today they were really coming down. I sat out on the porch this morning and drank my coffee. That is always pleasant!

I talked to my brother today. He said that he had just gotten back from a pleasure trip. I asked him where he had been. He said he took his mother-in-law to the airport!! I hope his wife didn't overhear that comment or he will have a lump on his head!! LOL

I'm sure that anyone from the southern states will recognize the picture above! It is kudzu, a vine that will spread like crazy and it covers poles, lines, trees, and anything in it's path if it isn't stopped! I think it's so pretty though! My Dad always liked it too, and tried to get a start of it in his back yard. My brother said, "Pappy you are crazy if you get that stuff started! It will cover your whole house!" It probably would have too, but he was never able to get it started!

My brothers always called our Dad "Pappy", but I always called him "Daddy." I was the baby and the only girl so I was pretty spoiled, and I was always "Daddy's girl!" I would much rather have been out working in the fields or helping feed the animals, gather the eggs, etc., than to be in the house! I guess I was what they called, "a tom boy!" Ah, those were the good old days!

8 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm with you about being new to this blogging and I too want to learn how to do links as well, among sooo MANY other things..(lol), so, if I find out how to do it, I'll let you know! And vica versa, if you are willing...

Love all the photo's you take...and again, I get such a clear picture of everything you write about. It's really great!
Thanks for all that....what part of the south did you grow up in?

10:18 PM  
Blogger EV said...

We need to engineer some cars that run on kudzu. It's so invasive and prolific. Ya think?

4:35 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Go to your dashboard - blog name - template - on the template page go down to the box- in the box go down quite a ways to the where there will be the word LINKS.
In your case the first link is google. All I do is copy and paste the line with google in it (or any line with a link) and the line below it that says says br .
I paste that line underneath the last one. (now you have two identical lines with br under them. Then I just paste the url on top of whats there and type in the name you want to appear on your blog in place of the name (in your case google). There's a preview. Save changes and republish and you're done. Also be sure to test it. If it doesn't work then something is not exactly right. I hope someone can give you better instructions or maybe they've made it easier.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are really serious about learning some HTML code, go to this site. Once there add it to your favorites because you will want to return there again.

Dave's Interactive HTML Tutorial website

8:53 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

OOLOTH; Thanks for the postive feedback! If I learn how to do things I'll share!

Mike, I think if they can make cars run on kudzu that would be great! I have just read an ad and they have a pill form of kudzu now. The Chinese say they have used it for hundreds of years for hangovers and headaches!! If it works it ought to sell good!

Cliff, thanks for your help. I'll give it a try when I have more time to experiment!!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't have kudzu up here in Chicago, of course, so I've only seen it in pictures. It does look beautiful, but the fact that it spreads so quickly kind of freaks me out--reminds me of a terrible virus, or something! But that'd be cool if it has medicinal properties and can be a benefit instead of a plant-pest! :)

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we don't have kudzu here in Indiana. Anything viney reminds me of poison ivy (itch itch).

Welcome aboard Rachel. You're doing a bang-up job. Keep up the great work!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Hi Rachel. Cliff Morrow sent me here. And I'm glad he did!

Any friend of Red Green's is a friend of mine!

I'll bookmark you and read you often. Tell Cliff I said "Thanks."

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter