Saturday, February 25, 2006

Springy Backy Things

These past 3 days have been just lovely with warm temperatures, just like spring. Days like this get me motivated to get outside.

I have found a really great place to walk not very far from here. It's only about 2 miles from my home. It's at a campground, which is closed for the season, so it makes the perfect place to walk. I had never been back in there before and it goes way back farther than I would have ever thought. It's all paved and very well kept. The lake is on one side and a steep high hill with cliffs is on the other. Naturally Pup went with me and here he is on a picnic table at one of the camping sites. You see what a nice view they have as they are right there by the lake. Pup was tired and glad to rest for a photo!
















This sign is in a forked tree by one of the sites. It is Romans 5:8 which says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

























Here is a crocus bloom I took today in the flower garden! So pretty and yellow and just shouting "Spring!"

As I'm sitting here writing this post my back has started itching. You know how that is when you can't quite reach the right spot to scratch. It's sure handy to have someone around to scratch your back at these times. I tried a pencil but that doesn't work. My husband used to scratch his back on the corners of the door facings and on the wall corners. He even rubbed the paint off on one spot from scratching so much. He said he was doing it like the cows do, just find something to rub against! I have even seen him use a fork! (Yes it did get washed afterwards in case you were wondering). Now he is not able to scratch my back and I'm going to end this and go grab my wooden back scratcher.................

15 Comments:

Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Great pic's! Looks like my kind of campsite. Oh how I miss camping! Flowers blooming? Spring can't get here soon enough for me!

The only thing worsed than a back itch is an itch inside a cast. LOL! Hope you got it~

8:57 PM  
Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Hello Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Aren't the first flowers of spring wonderful? It's the rebirth of the earth. After a lifetime in the middle west, it's fascinating to see the native varieties of the west. Where ever I travel, seeing the local gardens are my first priorities. I hope I see some wonderful new flowers on our vacation to Costa Rica. Check my blog in a couple of weeks.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad you took Pup with you. There might be bears out there and he could scare them away.
..
My crooked pliars would scratch pretty good if they would reach. I generally use a stiff hair brush and just scratch my back all over.
..

11:39 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Just before I got to the part of your post about the itch..I grabbed by back scratcher and SCRATCHED!!! (LOL)...Isn't that amazimg?

Sweet doggie, Rachel...such a darling picture...All the pictures are beautiful....isn't it lovely to see the Crocuses blooming already...Spring really is just around the corner....isn't it!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I loved the early spring flower. I'm glad you're able to go walk in such beautiful places. You're fortunate.
You've made my back itchy so must go rub on the door to the office.

5:40 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

So beautiful view, Rachel! Great photos too. How lucky you are! A gorgeous place to walk not very far from your house! Pup is so cute and a lovely companion as I can see!

And thank you so much for your visit and gentle comment on my place!

Have a happy Sunday!

7:53 AM  
Blogger David said...

That made me miss my walks with my doggie but she is 14 1/2 now and can't walk long distances anymore.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Now I've REALLY got spring fever! Nice pix.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Hi Rachel, by stopping by my blog and leaving a comment I found your sight.....oh what a cute pup, I don't know what I'd do with out mine....and the flowers are beautiful....I seen a couple tulips popping up, but my yard still is not ready.....when you do it all yourself, you have to take one day at a time.....and I have a fairly large yard......well I'm going to go scratch my back now... thanks for stopping by my sight...

4:07 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Cute pup! Thanx for the pics, too.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Pup looks so cute!
I am ready for spring.
My father-in-law uses a large, plastic salad fork as a back scratcher. He keeps it in the kitchen drawer. When we go for a visit, I make SURE I don't use that thing when I'm cooking.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to see the flowers starting to bloom! I'm so ready for spring. It's right around the corner now :) I hope you have a great new week!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... Hi Pup!
I WANT SPRING NOW!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Pirate said...

I like to use the corner of the fireplace to get that killer itch myself. Love your blog. I plan to come around now and then to find out more about Kentucky.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel!It's really a beautiful view, photos looks great too. I don't have as luck as you....Have a great time...

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter