Monday, March 13, 2006

Laughter truly is great medicine!

When I was reading Rhodent's Blog she mentioned laughter being good medicine. I am a firm believer in that as well. Trouble is I just don't get enough of it. If you are ever in a restaurant or somewhere and a group at a table will burst into loud laughter it makes everyone kind of get quiet and it brings smiles to most everyone elses faces too. Laughter is contagious that way. I was trying to think when was the last time I had a good old 'all out laughing until I cried' moment. It's been far too long.

One time I can remember is when I was playing miniature golf with some friends down at Pigeon Forge, TN. When the last ball is hit in the hole it goes on back to the building where you check in at. I knocked mine in there and then we were laughing and talking about who beat who, etc. Suddenly I realized that I didn't have my ball in my hand. I said, "Where's my ball. I've lost my ball." Then it dawned on me and I got so tickled. Then they all got tickled too and I got so tickled I fell over on the bench I was sitting on and we were all laughing until we were in tears! When you have one of those moments it makes you feel really good. They never let me live that one down! Some of my best laughs have been laughing at myself.



click here to hear some laughter.

9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My Lordy..Those Cats Laughing is soooo funny & cute, too! LOL.

It is so true, Rachel...laughter is such good medicine and I don't get enough of it either...I love your story...It is amazing how some things like laughter are contagious...And I agree, some of the best laughs I've had were on myself! Don't you wish we could laugh like that every day???

2:12 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

I agree with ya. One goes through life either laughing or crying. I prefer laughing, hence my blog.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

A good, belly laugh lifts your spirits. Even if you're going through a hard time, a laugh can ease the tension and lighten things up.

4:40 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh My, love those cats laughing! I agree, laughs is the best medicine, it's very healthy!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

How about when you laugh so hard you're worried about getting enough air?? I hate that part. I do know what you mean. Laughing is great. My connection is so slow that I can't down load sound but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the visit Rachel.

8:07 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

I gave myself a blackeye playing mini-golf once. Everyone laughed...'cept me.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hee, hee, ha, ho dee do, tee hee, har har, hee ha, ha, ho, ho, hee...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

How about when you laugh so hard that you begin to snort...that even makes you laugh some more when you hear yourself snort...and the more you snort the more you laugh.

They say that if you just laugh it's very healthy for you. There doesn't need to be anything funny...just begin laughing and it fools your brain into releasing happy endorphins or something.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt about it, laughter is the best medicine! Both my dogs came running into the room when I played the cats laughing you sent us to. Very funny. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter