Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rachel's Tuesday

A beautiful day here! Not real warm but still beeyoutiful!!

I went to a meeting of the WMU (Women's Missionary Union) from church. I wanted to take some film to the one hour processing at Rite Aide first and I was running behind, or so I thought. I rushed in and the 3 girls working there were sitting behind the counter talking and they were in no rush to come over to the picture counter and help me at all. I mean I walked right past them and said Hello and they could plainly see me there at the counter. It tried my patience. It really did. I knew I should not get upset because I shouldn't have been running behind. I had gotten behind 2 semi's and you know when they stop for a light the take off is real slow for them. They just can't take off fast like a car with all that weight. It took me a while before I could manage to get around in front of them. Three lanes of traffic but lots of traffic out there.

Finally one of the girls got up from behind the counter and slowly, while talking over her shoulder to the other two, came over to collect my film. I already had the package filled out and I told her I wanted the one hour processing and I left. I got to the meeting thinking I was late but then we had to wait for 2 more to arrive, so I really wasn't late. I actually got there right on time. I just hate being late anywhere I go. I am a firm believer in being on time for any appointments, meetings, or whatever.

Afterwards I was hungry. I had toast this morning but by the time the meeting was over it was after 2 p.m. so by then my stomach was growling in protest. I got my pictures and then headed for the Mexican restaurant again. This time I had Enchiladas Verdes which was beef and chicken enchiladas covered with green chile sauce topped with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and served with rice and beans. Oh my, was it good. Far too much to eat at once, so I brought enough home for tomorrow. Now Jamie Dawn had suggested that I try the fried ice cream. I did. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, was it ever gooooood. Thank you JD for these extra pounds on my thighs. Thank you very much. I declare I'll have to walk a few extra miles this week to make up for today's eating. The fried ice cream was nothing like I thought it would be but I highly recommend it.

One last note. I got behind a car today with this bumper sticker:

HORN BROKE
WATCH FOR FINGER

13 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That bumper sticker may have summed up your day at least until the you got to the Mexican food.
Ralph

6:14 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, I have a friend who has a car....he drives it EVERYDAY into Manhattan from Queens, he admits that he hasn't had a horn in two years......but his finger isn't what he is using to move people...his mouth will get him in trouble someday, I have heard him while talking on the cell phone with him....Oh that is another story, one for a post if you ask me! Glad that your day turned out better, and if those young ladies keep up the behavior you mentioned above, complain to the corporate office, bypass the management, just sqawk! It happened to us in JC Penny one day, and my husband, the non complainer, got on the phone to the corporate office, and they are investigating it, trust me, if enough of us tell the Right people about problems with customer service, it may just turn around, the internet is here and many businesses are losing money because of the shoppers here on teh net!

7:35 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

I'd like to think of myself as a kind, patient and understanding person, but for some reason there is this transformation that takes place when I get behind the wheel of a car. I have no patience for idiotic drivers, those that don't do the speed limit (too slow), and a myrad of other things. I'm going to get shot one of these days.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

One of my biggest pet peeves is the downward slide of customer service these days. It has become a dying art. It is almost non-exisistant anymore.

The bumper sticker i saw today said: "I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney then driving with Ted Kennedy."

8:04 PM  
Blogger David said...

bad, bad sign and bad customer support. I have no patience with bad customor support. At least you held you temper.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You should have told them you want 1 hr pictures and they've already wasted 5 of their 60 minutes.
It's pretty easy to tell when the owner is gone. Someone trying to stay alive in the 'film' camera game, should watch the details closer.
When we come visit, we'll go to a mexican restaurant with you.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Hi there. I just found you while out blog surfing, and I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I will be back for a closer look.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm so glad you had the fried ice cream. I love that stuff!! Some places have better fried ice cream than others, but hey... it's ice cream, so it's bound to be good.

Good customer service is hard to find these days, especially from teenagers. When you do get really good service, it's like a breath of fresh air.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love going to the Mexican Food restaurant, but I ALWAYS get shrimp fahitas...one of these days I will get something else...but I just love them.

I too hate to be late for anything and then to get to the photo center with those slow clerks would have been just unbearable.
Sometimes I have my groceries all piled up on the counter and the cashier continues to carry on a long conversation with a customer friend...It wouldn't be so bad if she could work while they talk...but you have to stand there and wait 5 minutes while she discusses her boyfriend.
Sometimes you just want to scream...but I just wait patiently.

Glad you weren't late to your meeting and the Mexican food made up for things not moving as fast as you would have liked...but then there was the fried ice cream that made up for everything.

About the bumper sticker...I think I like the one that was mentioned above about Dick Cheney better than "NO horn."

3:13 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Where do you buy stickers like that?
If I'm alone I don't get stuck very long behind those 18-wheelers. Mrs. Jim drags me down in traffic.
She may have saved my life but I doubt it.
We generally make two meals from one gotten at the restaurant. Our yuppie kids stopped taking things home now. You would think they could at least save that food for us fixed income people.
..

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Pity the help at Rite Aid. I used to do their payroll when I lived in Pennsylvania. Most of those poor bastards are making minimum wage.

I'll have to try some fried ice cream. I'm intrigued.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Rachel, I hate being late, too.
I've never had that ice cream although I saw it recommmeded by that person. I don't think it's out our way. Glad you enjoyed it! :)
LOL abou that bumper sticker.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good bumper sticker.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter