Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Cat Ain't Stupid


Today was pretty again but it's getting colder. That wind was really blowing too. I put gas in the car and it was so cold standing there with that wind whipping around. I tried getting on all sides of the pump to get shielded from the wind but there was nowhere I could escape. Thankfully my car didn't need too much gas. I'm off tomorrow for a day trip to Ohio. I have someone to stay with my husband. Two of my brothers are going with me. That way I won't have to drive, but we will take my car. My brother will drive. Then I can sit in the back seat and whomp him on the head if he gets too speedy, which he probably will! I'm only kidding. He's a good driver but he has a few speeding tickets under his belt. He has to do so much driving though that I'm not surprised. Anyway, we are going to see my Aunt and Uncle who are both in their 80's and not doing so well. My Uncle fell last Sunday and broke his pelvis, so he's in the hospital in horrible pain. He was the one taking care of her. So now her kids stay with her around the clock. I've been wanting to go up there so I'm glad we are finally doing it. Sometimes we put things off until it's too late. I didn't want that to happen. It will be a change for me to get away for a whole day!!

Here's a joke for everyone;


Cat Hating Husband

A man hated his wife's cat and he decided to get rid of it. He drove 20 blocks away from home and dropped the cat there. The cat was already walking up the driveway when he approached his home.
The next day, he decided to drop the cat 40 blocks away but the same thing happened.
He kept on increasing the number of blocks but the cat kept on coming home before him. At last he decided to drive a few miles away, turn right, then left, past the bridge, then right again and another right and so on until he reached what he thought was a perfect spot and dropped the cat there.
Hours later, the man calls his wife at home and asked her, "Jen is the cat there?" "Yes, why do you ask?" answered the wife. Frustrated the man said, "Put that cat on the phone, I'm lost and I need directions."

17 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

A day trip means leavig early in the morning and getting back late at night, right?
You guys have been having your share of health problems. It is tough getting old.
Your blogs make you seem healthy, please stay that way. Or you don't complain much to us.
Have a save trip and a nice visit.
..

6:49 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Have a great trip, enjoy the time NOW with your Aunt and Uncle. Do what ever and when ever you can! Tell your brother to watchout for speed traps, those troopers are sneaky!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Glad you're able to get a visit going with your Aunt and Uncle. I'll bet you're looking forward to a good time with your brothers too. Be safe. Good Joke. Darn cats.

7:58 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That reminds me of my dad who in huis past 80s also trip over a cord of an electric fan and fell on the floor which broke one of his pelvic bones and gave him excruciating pain as it as pressing on one of his nerves. They did surgery on him putting a metal bracket or brace which I think didn't do him any good because he never walked after that.
But without it he would be suffering excruciating pains though.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of the problems with your Aunt and Uncle. I'm glad that you have someone to go with you to see them. And you are right. See them now while you can. Have a safe trip, and enjoy the day with your brother:)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Have a safe trip!

9:16 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hope the trip goes well. Those are the tough kind to make.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Pirate said...

Cats are everywhere today on the blog today.

Have a safe trip to Ohio.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, Rachel! I hope your relatives will be all right. I'm sorry about your uncle! :o(

That cat joke is great! Heh.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Cute cat joke!

Enjoy your trip and time with your relatives. I hope your uncle recovers soon. Falls like that are really terrible for the elderly. I'm sure they will be grateful for your visit.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
That's nice of you to visit the old folks. I know my parents just love to have company.

Funny joke too.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that cat joke is funny. Thanks

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your road trip sounds like fun and I'll bet your aunt and uncle will be so happy to see you. Enjoy your time away :)

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. I hope you had a good trip! I hope that the doctors find a way to alleviate your uncle's pain. It's no fun getting older. Love the joke! I am a cat fan, but unfortunately I'm allergic. Have a great weekend!

8:02 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...very very cute joke!

I hope your day trip is a lovely one and that your visit with your relatives is good for everyone! It must be fun to spend time with your brothers like that...does it remind you of when you were all young and liked to be playful with one another?
Hope you have a very safe trip and tell that brother of yours to s-l-o-w- down, if needed! (lol)

12:48 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Great joke!

Hope the day trip was rewarding. I hope your aunt and uncle can be in comfort somehow.

Post below this one is great too!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I loved your cat joke. I may borrow it and send it to my son & daughter...they'll get a kick out of it.

Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. I recognize Florence from your picture...we stop to eat there when we're going north on I-75.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter