Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Smile, You're on Candid Camera

Have you ever noticed that often when you read in the paper where someone was arrested and they show their picture, many times they are smiling like they are at Olan Mills having their photo taken instead of at the jail getting ready to be locked up after committing a crime.

Recently there was two that were arrested after they went to a construction site and had a fun night driving the equipment and doing damage to the property, even turning one large piece of heavy equipment over that caught fire and burned up. Damage, about $500,000 worth. Two cousins about 21 years old. Their pictures are in the paper. One looks like he's thinking, "Oh gee, maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all." The other one was just smiling like he's real proud of himself for getting his picture in the paper.

This is not the first time I've noticed this. Usually people don't look too good in mug shots or you can tell if they look like they are high on something or drunk. Then you get the ones that smile just like they are on Candid Camera and it's all a big joke. I just don't understand it.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

I've noticed that myself lately. I'm thinking to myself,"you just did this did this, and got caught. What in the @#$%^&* are you smiling about." I think most of them think there is a book or movie deal in the works - that shows in their mentality.
Ralph

7:48 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Well, ya know, even idiots can smile.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

I agree with Chyenne, and Ralph! They just don't get it, Jail is serious business!

3:23 AM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Mug shots and drivers licenses. Not what I would call KODAK moments. My license is bad enough don't plan on seeing what my mug shot might look like! :)

4:11 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yep Rachel, I've seen it and don't get it. Part of the reason is that they don't have a father at home who is going to take them to the edge of death.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Cliff, you are so right about that!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Probably he had read your post about looking for a good laugh and got carried away.

See? Not his fault.

Heh!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbye Rachael!

See you later, maybe before April 19.

Jim

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't understand those smilers. Hel-LOOOO!! You've just been arrested and are goin' to JAIL!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Maybe they know the message from your previous post: Laughter is the best mediciine.
And, if they are heading to the pokey, they will need some good medicine to get through it.
It makes you just want to knock them up side their head, doesn't it?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Most of the time the really bad pictures are because they were roused out of their beds and arrested. Sometimes your right they look drunk or drugged out.

I don't think I would be smiling, if I got arrested...I'd be hiding my face or trying to disguise it so nobody would recognize me.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Motherkitty said...

Some of these bad boys or girls smile because this is the only 15 minutes of fame they will ever have in their entire pathetic lives. Someone actually took their picture! They won't be smiling once that jail door locks them in. They will be crying for their mommies.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I wasn't smiling in my mugshot.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter