Friday, June 16, 2006

Toothaches and Harold

I have been blog slacking lately. Seems there are more things these days to occupy my time.
My husband had a toothache Wednesday night. This becomes a major problem when the only way to get him to a dentist is by ambulance. I called his dentist and he talked with me. He said that if I could get him there on a stretcher he would work on him. The VA nurse came out and she said that they could take him to Lexington to the VA Clinic and work on his tooth there but it'd take about 3 days to arrange. The dentist is on vacation today and next week. We have an appointment on the 27th and the dentist gave us a prescription for antibiotics and pain meds if he needs them in the meantime. If you have ever had a toothache you know what a pain it is. Nothing helps but getting it fixed! His tooth quit hurting and so now we are being careful by having him only eat soft foods. Now if only I can arrange things with the ambulance service. I tried all day to get them yesterday. All I got was "I'm either away from my desk or on the phone. Please leave a message and I'll call you back ASAP." I left 2 messages with no call back yet.

I got this via e-mail and thought it was so cute and worth sharing!

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.
As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that .. in case I need to fix it again?" Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?" "No," I replied.
"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I wrote down . I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Seems like a lot of work for a toothache. Does your husband just not like the dentist?

I love the ID10T error joke. I have heard it before and my husband and I reference it all the time.

8:12 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

So sorry to hear about the toothache. That is always a nightmare when you mouth hurts.

The ID10T was so bloody funny.

Take care xx

8:31 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...ID 10 T...Dear Me...!
Not funny about ypir husbands toothache...I worry about this kind of thing myself....I don't need an ambulance but having to go to the dentists---a germ ridden place--keep my mouth open for God knows how long with his hands poking around...not good with my vulnerability to any and all infections. I feel for your husband Rachel, And you too---trying to arrange this is unbelievably difficult! And being in tooth pain...OY! I hope it gets solved soon, my dear.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lynda, my husband doesn't mind the dentist at all. He has had 2 strokes and is in a hospital bed. I guess I should have explained that in case anyone new read my blog!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. I will have to remember the ID10T repair lingo.
Having to take an ambulance to a dentist is really tough. Hope you get one booked soon..

4:42 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I'm not sure if I want to laugh at the joke.
Soooo sorry to hear about hubby's trouble. I know this is a real concern for you and pain for him.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

OK, I'm slow but I'm steady. It took a minute but I got it. LOL

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's gonna be a long wait until the 27th. Hope he can make it until then.

Funny joke!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Nothing is very fast in the doctoring world. Especially if it is pain and unknown causes.
Life threatening things seem to get fixed faster.
I have to type ID10T so maybe I can remember it. It is easerier to just remember today's date and Rachel.
..

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, boy, I've certainly had plenty of those "id10t" errors!!
I'm so sorry your hubby is suffering with this. I hope that eating soft foods keeps the pain away until he can be seen by the dentist.
I know that every medical concern of your hubby's weighs heavily on you as well. I hope this gets resolved in one dental visit.
If you have a Walmart there, you can find Lindt chocolate truffles on the candy aisle. They come in dark, milk, and white chocolate. Dark ones are my favorites, but they are all so delicious! Lindt truffles are also sold at Walgreen's.
If you still can't find them, please give me your address and I will mail you some. I can't stand knowing that you are without truffles!!!!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I've been really bad about blog hopping--life has gotten kind of busy for me lately. I think things will quiet down after a couple of weeks, but in the meantime my blog hopping time may be sparse. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's tooth. I hope he can get it fixed soon. The joke was great, too. I have heard it before but forgot it. Have a blessed rest of your weekend

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

id10t errors...I have those all the time.*LOL*

Hope Harold's toothache doesn't come back before he goes for his appointment. I didn't realize that calling for ambulance transport was so hard...good thing you've got a whole week to make the arrangements with them. Tooth aches are worse than labor pains...OUCHY.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rough day.

I hope you get your call back. And good luck with the dentist.

Cas
and I'm glad the Id ten only charged you the minimum.

Cas

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter