Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Love You


I went high upon a hill to take this picture. These are the runways at our small airport. I'm sure everyone has heard about the plane crash that killed 49 in Lexington, KY, and as far as they have determined it was because they took a runway that was too short for the jet to take off on. Very sad thing. I'm just grateful it wasn't a bigger plane with more passengers. That brings to mind that we should always tell our loved ones how dear they are to us since we never know what might happen from day to day. Not just with planes but with anything; car accidents, other accidents, sickness, etc. We never know what will happen from minute to minute so it's best that our loved ones know we love them always.

We have had lots of rain over the past few days along with thunderstorms. I'm not sure if we will get anything from Ernesto or not. I'm glad it decided to not become a major hurricane. We sure don't need those!

My SIL has been visiting from Indiana this week and I have had some free time, since she is more than happy to stay here with her brother while I get out and do a few things I need to do. As Britmum would say, "Bless her cotton socks!" Well, I think that's what she would say! Anyway I have been glad to have her here just to visit with too. She is a very sweet lady indeed. Couldn't ask for better!

Today I went out for lunch. Do you know where I ate at from this picture I took?

14 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Rachel,
I was so sad to read about that horrible plane crash near you. You are so correct that we should always say the loving words that are in our hearts. Life can end in a heartbeat...

3:51 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I'm guessing Tumbleweed!!
:-D

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, you are so right. The accident was very sad and so avoidable. You're sure a busy lady. Stay dry, safe and have a great holiday.

3:58 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Rachel

Such a sad story about the plane crash. You are right.. life is way too short and we should hold close our loved ones.

I would indeed say bless your cottons socks when someone is nice or does something special, or they are just darn cute.

Are you eating ummm Venison?

Take care xx

4:15 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I really don't have the slightest idea where it is but that lamp sure is beautiful. Very unique.
Thanks for stopping by.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Excellent post Rachel. Things like that are always so sad.

I'm guessing you had venison, specifically elk.
Ralph

7:24 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Yes I did hear about that horrible plane crash...my heart goes out to all the families. We're supposed to get some of that rain but I hope it misses us because I can't have it raining for my mom's party on Sunday!! lol What a delightful chandelier that is...we have a restaurant called Moose Winooski that has that kind of decor!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

That was such a trajedy and so avoidable.
You must have eaten at a Cabella's... or some retaurant that made everyone check their antlers at the door.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

You took the picture from the door to the ladies' room.

I always give the person flying some money to buy trip life insurance with me as beneficiary. I haven't made anything off that yet.
Really, no takers for this yet either. But it does sober people up for a moment.
..

10:35 PM  
Blogger David said...

Oh that picture brings back some great memories of Wright Hill which overlooked the runway at Wright-Patterson AFB in Fairborn Ohio. I use to sit up there and watch the B-52's take off.

Yes a very sad and tragic accident caused by people making mistakes.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

You must have eaten at Bambi's.

Our son is a Delta pilot. We don't like to read about accidents. However, we do give thanks for his many safe trips.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That plane crash was terrible. I am surprised that we don't have more airplane crashes. It truly is amazing how safe flying really is given the huge number of daily flights.

Good advice from you!!

Is it a "horny" restaurant? :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Pirate said...

I puckered below when i thought of how many little planes from similar ariports i have flown. Its a sad tragedy.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The plane crash was horrible and I heard that the plane would have made it, if it wasn't for the trees. It cleared a tall barn, but clipped the trees.

I've seen antlers like that in both Montana & Wyoming in restaurants...but I haven't seen any around here. Where is it?

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter