Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cumberland Fall Visit Part II

After having our lunch and feeding the raccoons then we drove down to the riding stables. I didn't actually ride but I did get on a horse and I got there among them. It was so great to get to hug a horse and be near them. That, for me, was the real treat of the day! I have always loved horses. All of these horses were beautiful and well cared for. There was 8 there munching on hay. I made my rounds to all of them. The young man working there was very nice. My neighbor refused to get on a horse although I tried to convince her to!

This is my neighbor. She is a sweet lady, an animal lover, and loves a good laugh. She and I also go to the same church and are in the same Sunday School class.

















This is the river a little ways above the falls. That bridge down there in the one you cross to get there. The next picture is the water below the falls.

















Very pretty and loud! You can see the muddy water from all the rain we have had lately.

We had a great trip and I truly enjoyed it. I have some more scenery pictures that I'll post another day. Have a safe and Happy Labor Day everyone!

13 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Looks like a beautiful area to visit!
Thanks for sharing...

7:28 PM  
Blogger Ava said...

I have always loved horses too!! I love to ride. I grew up riding and really miss it.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip. The area is so pretty.
I like the horses too. I rode a horse to high school for two years.
..

11:55 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is amazing how you can see the muddyness...even i that fabulous "falls" picture...! You live in a beautiful area Rachel...so many pretty things to look at, including you and the Horse!
Hope your Day is lovely, too!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Well that was a grand day. Dinner and the scenery look great but not sitting on a horse.
You looked like you were having a great time. Didn't you have time to go for a ride??

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel, I loved the picture of you hugging the horses...that was such a pretty picture. You need to frame that one.

I love to stop there and horse back ride, but I haven't done that in a couple of years...because I feel sorry for the horse that has to carry me. It's nice just to visit with them.

I'm glad you had such a nice time with your neighbor and it's sounds like you all had a very exciting trip.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

The trip sounds wonderful. I am glad you enjoyed it!+

7:58 PM  
Blogger David said...

That is a beautiful area to visit and to be with one of God's creatures makes it more special. I love horses too although I did not grow up around them.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a nice time. I'm a little leery of horses, but the ones that you saw look very unthreatening.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Cas

7:21 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
From both your posts about this trip it sounds like you had just a wonderful time. I am glad. You seem to have so have much fun when you do these trips and for us - it is just a pleasure to read about them.
Ralph

6:44 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Great pictures. The falls is especially beautiful.
You must love horses as much as my little sister.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Looks like you had a great time, the rain was a pain forus too, but well, you can't control mother nature. Thanks for sharing these great photos, and keep doing these great things for yourself! You need a little time for you once in a while, didn't you tell me that when I needed to hear it. You are a dear Rachel, keep up the blogging, I love my visits to Kentucky with you!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
That's some pretty scenery down there. Thanks for sharing.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter