Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sunday Two-Fer!

This shows both sides of the sign. This one was way high up and the focus isn't that great, but I had to zoom in as much as I could. I saw this one that day I went to Albany to meet Jamie Dawn. It has one of those big signs really high like motels have. I don't know how they change it or how often.



















JOKE FOR TODAY

There was a little old lady, who every morning. stepped onto her
front porch, raised her arms to the sky, and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD!'
One day an atheist moved into the house next door. He became
irritated at the little old lady.
Every morning he'd step onto his front porch after her and yell:
'THERE IS NO LORD!'
Time passed with the two of them carrying on this way every day.
One morning, in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped
onto her front porch and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! Please Lord, I have no
food and I am starving, provide for me, oh Lord!
The next morning she stepped out onto her porch and there were two
huge bags of groceries sitting there.
'PRAISE THE LORD!' she cried out. 'HE HAS PROVIDED GROCERIES FOR ME!'
The atheist neighbor jumped out of the hedges and shouted:
'THERE IS NO LORD. I BOUGHT THOSE GROCERIES!!'
The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted: 'PRAISE
THE LORD! HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH GROCERIES AND MADE THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM!



(Thanks for the joke Sandy!)

19 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Your joke reminds me of the simple all trusting faith of a distant relative of mine. Flora and Faucett Olsen had been Babtist missionaries in China. One day when she was very old an uncle of mine bumped into Flora on a street corner and asked. "Where are you going." She replied "To the hospital to visit a friend." "How will you get there", my uncle asked. "Oh God, will provide and find me a way." he paused. "Well God has provided for I will take you, and not only that I will bring you back". Flora saw that encounter as just another little miracle in her "charmed" and charming life.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Love your jokes and your Sunday signs! God indeed has a sense of humor!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Glad you liked the joke, I believe I passed it to Miz Sandy ;)

9:30 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Loved the joke! ;)


Junie

10:00 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Love you Sunday signs! Sandy sent me that one too, and we enjoyed it :)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

giggle!!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Your signs are always good. And all we have to do is read yours and ours, they mostly are all good.
Of course the deeper we get into the South the more church signs there must be!
..

1:49 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

thanks for the laughs. I will remember this one.

4:28 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

I am passing this along to people who need to hear this message...thanks ho

5:00 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL..Very very cute, Rachel....!

I was over at Jamie's and was just so touched and thrilled by her "tribute"...I wrote a long comment and Blogger ATE IT! (lol)...So, I went back just a few minutes ago...I finally was able to post a 'Thank You' to Jamie but in truth, it wasn't as good as the first one! LOL!

I will send you the lyrics to that song....What Jamie had on there was just the last 8 or so bars...It is a WONDERFUL song, written by Cole Porter, called "EVERYTIME WAS SAY GOODBYE"...I used to sing it "back in the day",as they say...!
I sure would love to meet you too, Rachel....Well, maybe someday that will happen. I sure do hope so.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Praise the Lord!!
God is nowhere.
God is now here.
I like the second way better.
:-)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Love the sign...at first I thought it said God is nowhere but then figured it out...God is now here:-) Loved the joke! LOL xox

8:41 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Like the sign and the joke!!!! Thanks for the card! I'm still kicking!!! Clara

4:48 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

VERY CUTE!!! And the devil WILL pay in the long run! ~ jb///

8:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

That is a great joke! The Sunday sign was cute, too! Always good. I have one for you...a church sign...something like, "Body piercing saved my life." I'll look for it! Have a great day!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel. I read your 'new joke for the day' last Sunday.
I am now ready for another.
Here is hoping you are alright.

And, now, may I brag a little (please?),

My Granddaughter, BP,is publishing her new book on line. Chapter five is now ready.
I recommend it highly and would like you to read it. At
http://adiandamber.blogspot.com/
..

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I love the little old lady story!
The Church signs are good too. The first one has several different meanings depending on how it's read.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Great sign and great jokes - as always.
Ralph

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel...You don't have to thank me every time I send you a joke that you can use...Of course, if I made the joke up myself, then you could thank me. The joke was a forwarded joke from t*mmy.

Loved your Sunday sign and your visit.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter