Sunday, November 08, 2009

Cumberland River and My Sunday Sign

Another week has passed and what's been happening in my world you ask? Well, not too much out of the ordinary I guess. I did get rear-ended last Tuesday. I was stopped at a light, the second car back. The light for the turning lane beside me changed and the young man behind me wasn't paying attention and he thought our light had changed, so he hit the gas and plowed into me. He was driving a van and that rounded front of the van just pushed my trunk up some, so I can now get almost my whole hand under it on one side. The young man that hit me was very nice and apologetic. He is a high school student and, thankfully, had insurance. I take my car in tomorrow for repairs and will be given a rental to drive in the meantime.

I also felt like I was coming down with a cold and my nose was nonstop running on Wednesday. (Maybe that young man knocked the snot out of me after all). That night I took NyQuil and the next day I felt much better and my nose had dried up, but I guess I still felt the lingering effects of the NyQuil, so I slept part of the day away and it felt really good!

Other than those two things, it's been the usual around here.

Back in mid-October I went to Cumberland Falls and thought I'd share some photos with you. I think it's so beautiful down there. The river is shallow and wide and just so pretty. It was running a little higher than usual from some recent rains that day.

The Cumberland River. See those two people way down there on the rocks?
You can click to enlarge these pictures.








Cumberland Falls





This is looking downriver below the falls. Pretty huh?



This is one of my favorite views taken from the Dupont Lodge. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a view like that from your home? Certainly would for me! I did go with a group and we had a good time. We ate at the Dupont Lodge and the food was great. You could eat off the buffet but I had the catfish dinner instead. It was delicious!!






I hope everyone is doing 'better than great,' and having a wonderful weekend!!

SUNDAY SIGN





12 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt in the wreck! And also glad he had insurance. You never know these days.

Love the view from the lodge especially. :o)

Great sign, too.

Have a good week, Rachel.

Love and hugs,

Diane

7:49 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad no one was hurt. Here in MI it wouldn't matter if the other person had insurance or not, it's one of those states with 'no-fault' insurance. I hate it!

I have been to the Cumberland River and Falls many times. I use to be stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY It IS beautiful!

And I love your sign this week!

8:53 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

BTW....if you try the chili let me know what you think. I don't think you'll be disappointed! :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, I sure am glad you weren't hurt. Too bad about your car. It was good he had insurance.

Those pictures of Cumberland Falls are soooooo good. That is a very pretty place, especially in the Fall.

Your church sign was good. It sort of fit the Psalm 1 lesson that I taught this morning.

Glad our cold is better too, take care,
..

9:30 PM  
Blogger Speedcat Hollydale said...

Great photos ... and I love the sign!

Hello from Minnesota,
SpeedyCat

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Sorry you got the snot knocked out of you. LOL
Thank the Lord he had insurance and you can get your car fixed.
I hope your cold is much better by now too.

The river and falls are beautiful. You are so blessed to have them to enjoy!

Love the sign.

Take care and be well.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Glad there was only minor damage done and none to you! Think of you often and hope things are stressfree and you are enjoying relaxing fall days

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Glad you are ok!!

Have a great rest of the week

Love, jess

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I love rivers. The Cumberland is an historic river. It is lovely in your pictures. We need to repair and restore our rivers to better safeguard our water.

The young fellow who hit you got a lesson which cost some money but no one was hurt. It took a couple of near misses when I was young to learn that you must be attentive all the time in a vehicle.

I have had some accidents in my life time, always backing up.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Cumberland Falls is beautiful. I would love to have a house overlooking that. Especially this time of year with the changing colors.

Love your Sunday sign. Lisa

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, Hope you are feeling better and so sorry to hear about your accident. Love the sign, too.
Don't you love this wonderful weather we are having here in Kentucky!

6:39 AM  
Blogger possum said...

So glad you were not hurt!
Beautiful Pictures! Thanks for sharing!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter