Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's Been Awhile..........

Gee whiz. I just checked my blog and realize it's been so long since I've blogged. I thought I had put a post up since Easter, but I must have just "thought" I did!

Not much to report around here. Seems things are pretty consistently routine. That's not a bad thing though.

I do have this huge bruise on my ankle/leg and I don't recall banging it at all. You would think a bruise that big I would recall how it happened.





Munchie

Last week my sweet cat Munchie got hit by a car and was killed instantly. I found her right after it happened and she didn't have any blood or any torn spots on her, so it was all internal. It was so sad for me to carry her lifeless limp, still warm, body down to the garage. Later I buried her. Now I'm down to 6 cats. I don't know what happened, because she was usually very watchful of cars, but there were some people walking down the road and I thought she might have ran from them and forgot to listen for a car with the distraction. I'm just thankful she went fast, and with the road so close with speeding cars, being hit is always a possibility for the cats, if they venture out there.

There is a small carnival set up at the mall this week. I saw this little kiddie roller coaster and thought it was about my speed!! I would never ride any of those huge ones, as I think I'd pass out or throw up on all the people on the ground!! It just wouldn't be a pretty sight!  Back behind it they had the carousel. Now that was always my favorite when I was a kid. I loved riding those carousel horses as they went round and round and up and down.















Now for your amusement:

Tom, Dick and Harry went to a party. After the party they returned to the hotel. The hotel was 600 stories high.

Unfortunately for them, the elevator was not working. They made a plan for the first 200 stories, Tom will crack jokes.

The second 200 stories Dick will tell a happy story and lastly Harry will tell a sad story.They then started up the steps

After 2 hours it was Harry's turn. He turned to the other two and said "OK guys, here's my sad story. I forgot the keys downstairs.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hi, it's nice to have you back. So many of my blog friends have gone to Face*book and aren't blogging anymore. Sad.

That looks like a painful bruise.It's hard to imagine you don't know how you got it. I have one on my elbow right now that I don't know how it got there but it sure hurt for a while.

I'm so sorry about your Munchie. I can't imagine something like that happening to one of my little Yorkie's. You must be devastated. I'm glad she went fast though.

Your joke made me groan. HAHA. I have been doing a lot of gardening and it has made me sore and very tired. The thought of getting that far up the stairs with no keys, well that's something to groan about.
I hope all is well with you and that you can post more frequently now.
Hugs

8:07 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Whew, that looks like an awful bruise. It doesn't look like the kind you get from bumping into things. It looks like maybe a python snake curled around your ankle and started to squeeze. Got any pythons?

I get so many unexplained bruises that sometimes I look like a victim of domestic violence. It appears blood thinners are the culprit.

It is so sad to find the limp remains of a beloved animal friend on the road. Oh how I know Munchie will be missed. My favorite Lil' Bear has not been to breakfast for over a week and I fear the worse.

Rachel,we're going to have to have a serious talk about that joke. Yep, it's a groaner for sure. I believe I'm simply too tired to think a 600 flight walk is funny. Okay,I did grin a bit.

Glad to see this post from you. You always give us good ones.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, So sorry about your cat.I am sure it really upset you to lose her. You are probably like me and bruise to look at you. I am always finding bruises on me and don't know how I got them. We are sure having some weird spring weather here in Ky. this year. Hope you have a good weekend and thanks for dropping by my fb page. Would love to have you do a post sometime for the blog and feature you. Think about it.

5:26 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Bummer! I hope your leg heals soon. It looks like it was painful! ~ j///b

7:19 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh! I'm sooo soooo sorry about Munchie...! I know you must be devistated! It is always so hard losing a beloved pet, and especially this way...Poor dear sweet Munchie...!
That bruise looks really bad! I'm amazed you don't remember what you did to cause that, but, on the other hand, maybe it's better you don't...(lol)
I haven't been near a Circus type place for so long...! I don't think I would want to go on any rides anymore---I feel like I did all of that enough when I was younger.
So glad you posted Rachel.....I miss you a lot when you don't. So, welcome back, my dear.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Loved your joke but hate it that Munchie got hit by a car. That happens to our cats and it's always so sad to have to go carry their lifeless little bodies home and to bury them. It never gets easier. Hugs to you from both of us.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This information is very interesting, I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this, because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing! Marine Transportation.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter