Tuesday, July 02, 2013

I'm Back Again Just Like a Long Lost Friend.............

Where have I been? Nowhere. Just right here at home for the most part, doing my daily activities.  I have been looking for a job part of the time. I've had nibbles and bites, but nothing that has worked out so far. With the economy today, finding a job is not as easy as it once was. So I will continue searching and the right one will come along. 

This past weekend I went to a family reunion and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm still trying to sort out who is who and whose daughter or son that one belongs to, etc. A lot of them come from IN and OH, and some from KY.  They have been posting some old photos on FB and it's really been nice getting to look at them. When I was growing up we did not own a camera so the only photos we got was when an Aunt or Uncle came to visit and brought a camera and was generous enough to share a photo or two with us.  I also lost some of my favorite photos when we had a tornado in 1974.

This one below is my brother and I back in ...gosh...not sure of the year, but probably late 60's. I can't tell what kind of car that is back behind us. I know my brother in the photo had a brand new Roadrunner. I can't tell if that is it or not.

A short post tonight. I so appreciate all the comments and wishes from everyone. Thank you Granny Annie (http://granan10.blogspot.com/ )for threatening my life if I didn't start posting again!! Haha!! Nah...she didn't really do that, but she did send me an e-mail with caring words and that gave me the motivation to start back. I've been meaning to anyway, just keep putting it off day by day and before you know it half the year is gone.  
 


 


Note: I just found out that Grannie Annie's Husband passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you Annie. 





5 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, My Very Dear Rachel...! I was just thinking about you yesterday---AND, here you are, today!!!!
I've missed you so very much....

LOVE that picture of you and your brother! You look adorable!!!

Hoping you fund just the right job, my dear Rachel...
Sending you HUGS!!!
(((((((((hugs))))))))))

12:08 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Dearest Rachel,
I am so glad you finally came back!

I received your precious not months ago, just after we moved from up north to the big city and it was lost in all the mess of the move. I was so sad to hear about your husband....I remember the times you would mention him and know how hard that loss must still be.

I, too, know the feeling of going back to work...ugh.
Waitressing, at my age. I will be 60 next month, and let me tell you, waitressing is not something you start off at in your VERY late 50's!
Something will come along....there is work out there, you just need to find your niche.

I am looking forward to more from you, even if it is just a brief blog now and again. I know that is all I can manage to eek out these days!

In Christ alone,
Cindy

4:24 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- Glad to see you writing and posting again. Best wishes with a job for you.

You need a people meeting and chatting with. You are a 'people friendly' person.

Also you are special with me as you commented on the first post I made. You and Cliff and (I forgot her name) the preacher's wife from Chicago.

Not that I am being terribly lazy but it is hard for me to look tha up right now. I'm writing with my iPone in the Newark airport. We are on our way to see Wonderwoman in London. I plan to do a Friday post when we get there.
..

5:33 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Awe.....You and your brother are so cute. Call me sometime. We think of you all the time and wonder what you are doing.

9:32 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hello dear Rachel!
I am so glad to have your nice comment!
I miss you very much!
How are you?
Do you have the intend to update your blog? Would be so great if you begin to post again!
Sending you many hugs!
With Love,
Sonia.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter