Thursday, April 12, 2012

Odds and Ends

This is one of the prettiest redbuds I have seen! At least I think it's a redbud. It was raining the day I took this. I discovered it in a subdivision a couple of miles from here. Just beautiful in the shape and the blooms. I just wish it was in my yard!


I meant to get this sign posted in time for Easter but that didn't happen, as you can see. I did get to meet someone else putting up a sign. He had this side done and was working on the other side as I was on my way to church on Easter Sunday morning.  You will meet him in the photo below this one!
This is the Pastor James Merkel!! He was very nice and I told him the name of my blog. If you are reading this then Hello Pastor Merkel! It was very nice meeting you! Doesn't he have a great smile?

You can see he has a coat on. It has been colder here during the past week or so. I think we are set to have a warm up again and I'm ready for that. We have had some frosty mornings.

Last week I was dog sitting for my nephew and his wife. They were off cruising on the deep blue sea and didn't want to board their doggie. I don't blame them and I was more than happy to keep Jackson. He and my dog, Rusty, get along well and they play and play. Well...actually it's play and rest, play and rest, play and rest, etc!
Here they are playing and having a good old time!



 
Then after all the romping this is where they end up. After resting they go back to their romping.


I have 3 Easter lilies to set out. I hope to get that done over the next few days. I also have some other flower bulbs I need to get in the ground. I noticed today that my Dahlias are coming up. I'm so glad because they were so beautiful last year. The Clematis is already blooming and the roses are popping out too.
I hope everyone is having a great week and have a great weekend too!



10 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, those two doggies are so cute together...! When I was growing up we had two Springer Spanials and one was named "Rusty"...I like that name a lot!

That tree is GORGEOUS, Rachel....I can understand why you'd like to have it in your yard....lol!

A Belated HAPPY EASTER, My Dear....I hope all is good with you.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

You realize when the visitor leaves you are going to have to romp like that with Rusty? LOL Great photos and a shout-out to pastor Merkel. "Hello!"

5:46 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's a really pretty tree, Rachel. We have a scraggley red bud tree in our back yard that hides beneath the neighbor's overgrown hedge. They are all finished blooming here now.

Your church sign is nice. Our church kids were selling church signs in the shape of a white cross. On Easter morning we turned it around and the cross had the words, "He is risen" across it. We put it in an empty raised flower pot.

Lastly, are you sitting dogs now? You might have wanted to have kept Adi for us. We are visiting Karen for a bit so had to get a lady who boards dogs to keep Adi. Adi is getting old and takes a shot a month for her arthritis plus a previcox pill every night.
..

9:20 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Great looking red bud R. We've tried 2 different red buds and they can't take the wide open spaces of this farm. Same goes for the 3 differnet weeping cherries we've killed.
Please to meet the Pastor.
Marilyn might disagree with those who don't want to use a boarding kennel.

5:42 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi dear Rachel,
Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog. I agree with you, Brenda did a lovely Tribute to my dear and so missed Flora.

What a gorgeous blossom tree.
Love seeing your dog Rusty and Jackson playing and having a good time together. Both are so cute taking a nap on the couch.
Love the quilt so much!
A belated Happy Easter!

I hope you have a pleasant week ahead.
Many hugs and much Love!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Enjoyed catching up with you and LOVE the doggies!!! Have a very blessed week my friend.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That is a great Redbud. Liked the Sunday sign as well.
Ralph

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Karen On The Run said...

Hi Rachel, thank you for the congratulations! I said that was my last one - finished my first marathon 20 years ago! Then... As time goes by, I start to rethink this decision. However, my body still says the last

I love the pictures of the dogs going strong and then sleeping! Looks like Lauren - she plays hard and then just crashes in a matter of seconds to sleep!

Have a nice rest of the weekend!
~Karen

6:22 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Nice redbud. I pull them out by the dozens everyyear. My biggest tree has to be cut back every couple years or we can't get in the driveway and it hits the house. It is HUGE! It is leafed out now.
Love your puppies playing!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter