Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm Alive

Well, it's been over a month again, but yes, I am alive!!!  My computer had a meltdown, or so I thought. You all should know that I'm computer illiterate, so when it crashes I toss my hands in the air and holler, "HELP!"  I have used the same computer guy ever since my first computer. The last few times it has had problems he has been in California. Same thing this time! Someone at church recommended someone else to me and I took my computer to him. He got it fixed fast and was MUCH cheaper than the guy I had been using. So now I have a new computer guy!

Blogger has changed the looks of things. Hmmmmm..... I'll have to try and figure it out. Remember...illiterate! I don't see anywhere to post photos....hmmmmm.....No photos this time folks!

What have I been up to you wonder???  Well, not much really, just life things. The usual things. Housekeeping. Fighting cobwebs and puzzling over where all the dust comes from. Taking care of my husband. Last night he called for help and I went in to see what he needed. He said he needed "Attention." I asked him what kind of attention he needed. No response. I asked again and got no response. So then I stood up very straight at attention and I gave him a salute! That did get a smile from him! It was finally determined that he didn't know what he wanted. I told him to just try and relax and think relaxing thoughts and go to sleep. He did. Well..I don't know if he had relaxing thoughts but he did go to sleep!

Ohhhh...I do have a new great nephew. He was born last week and came into this world weighing in at 11 lbs. 9 ozs!  Needless to say some of his newborn things will not fit that big fellow!! I was surprised at his weight but shouldn't be really. His parents are both 6 feet tall. I have not gotten to see him in person yet. Only photos! He is cute and very alert!

The other day I was eating at one of our downtown restaurants and I had a piece of pecan pie. I can't recall the last time I had a piece of pecan pie, so it was really delicious.

A friend of mine had one of their barns go up in flames on Saturday. It was the biggest barn on the farm and had all the hay stored in it to feed the cattle this winter. It also had their biggest, best, and newest tractor, as well as a hay roller they had gotten last year in it. Luckily no one or no animals were hurt. The fire marshall is investigating to try and determine what caused it. She was very upset but also grateful that no one was injured, as material things can be replaced. I go buy meat from them since they raise their own beef. It is so much better than what I buy at the grocery.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my oh what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!!


Just thought I'd best check in and let you know I'm among the living! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

8 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Glad to know you are "alive" my dear Rachel....And good to read an update on your world...!
Computer Problems---OY!!! I just found out my computer wizard has moved out of California!!! He never said a word! So...I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Blogger keeps warning that in 'the coming days' the old interface will be gone....Well....I may be gone, too....My patience for NEW Learning is really bad these days...
Terrible about your neighbors barn...Good that no one was hurt but still--to lose everything including ALL the winter feed....Really terrible!
Hugs to you dear Rachel...!
(((((((HUGS)))))))

10:44 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Rachel, Rachel, thanks for the delicious post! Loved every bite. You are such a good story teller you don't need pictures. I can't wait until the next time my spouse says that he needs attention! Try not to stay away so long.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel

So, you think this living?
There's nothing like thinking positive. It's good to see you are still trying to post even if you can't find the insert image button right there at the top of the composition box menu bar. On mine, it's right next to the word "LINK" and displays the image of a photograph. I hope this helps you to learn how to post images again. We miss them.

Clarence

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I'm curious, could the baby talk. Someone that size should be ready to crawl. Wow~
Glad to hear you're among the living.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

If you want to post pictures you'll have to use a different browser than Internet Explorer. I switched to Mozilla Firefox whenever I do anything on my blog. Blogger doesn't like I.E.

Glad to hear from you as I usually check in every few days and you finally posted.

9:27 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Yeah, Blogger has become a pain in the tushie... I can post pics, but don't seem to be able to put them where I want them very well. it does work with Explorer here, but it is frustrating.
Progress ain't!
Why do "they" always have to "fix" things and end up worse than before? The OLD blogger was far better than the last couple sets of changes.
BUT, glad to see you are OK!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel ~~ It has been a while, I was just about to go find you on FB. Now here you are with 'fixed' computer. Good going.

Well, it is time for me to write a quick tutorial on the new Blogger dashboard stuff. I am getting to like it as it is faster and just as easy once you get used to it.

There is a button, same as old one, along the top of the create page that will let you uplink a picture or pictures. The link is easier too.

I too am a new great great granduncle. This Thursday I will go see her, Jasmine, when my Iowa sister visits her granddaughter, the new mom.

To bad about the barn. You might have to import Ralph to fish out the cause of the fire. I have an investigator friend here too. He should be playing golf with me tomorrow.

Hang in there.

One last tid bit, our Adi is gone.
Her 'obit', Adi was a very good dog (link)
..

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Long time no post. I hope you and your computer are ok.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter