Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Just Call Me a Knot Head!

Today started out just dandy. Well....actually it did since I woke up alive! That's always something to be thankful for right there!

I went out early to feed the birds. I have 2 feeders that are in a Bradford Pear tree. If you are familiar with Bradford Pear trees then you know the limbs are pretty low down. I hit the top of my head on a knot on a limb and it hurt like all get out. A knot raised up and I immediately felt for blood. I found it too. The knot felt like it was big enough to ride a motorcycle around on! Ouch, that did smart. I think it jarred some of my marbles loose or muddied the water or disturbed some of the bats in the belfry......well, you get my point!!

From now on I'm going to watch out for that knot! It reminded me of when I was a kid and my brother and I was over at the barn. It was in the winter and there was huge long icicles hanging on the sides of the barn. One fell off and hit me right on top of the head! I rubbed my head and cried a little. I ran to my brother and bent over and parted my hair and had him look to see if there was any blood. He looked and said there wasn't any. I felt better then thinking if there was no blood then at least I'd live! Soon we headed for home. About the time we got to the yard I felt up there to rub the knot and my fingers came back with blood on them. I said to my brother, "I thought you said it wasn't bleeding!" He said, "Well I figured if I had told you it was bleeding that you would have cried all the way home and I didn't want to listen to you!"

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Smart brother!
Hope your brains are back in order, knot-head.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel -- It's nice to meet you. Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by and, yes, he is just a tad bit spoiled (rotten).

What a cute story about you and your brother way back when. It's all fun 'n' games 'til someone gets an eye poked out, eh? ; )

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true older brother. We babies of the family never got any sympathy, did we?

You may want to wear a hardhat when you feed the birds.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

bird feeding can be dangerous. Sorry about the knot.
I'll bet your brother is a good buddy now.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, this was a good post! My brother would have hit me on the other side of my head and said,"Good, Now you are evenly bumped!" He was mean! Anyhow, I thought I would let you know, I tried and tried to change the links, add links to my blog, can't do it, I am computer impaired. I have to have someone come to the house to show me, then I can do it! I am relatively new to the blogging world too, but I do find it fun! Keep typing those words, it is great to create!

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Your brother is one of those smart-alecky guys. Just like mine, except he's my younger brother.
I'm glad you're okay!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

That is a great story about icicles. Watch those knots - I hit a few of them. They do hurt.
ralph

9:34 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love this story Rachel....I feel for you, my dear.

About all this link stuff, etc. I've ben so discouraged I haven't even hardly been on my blog...wrote nothing today and after reading your three comments to me...Well, Is there hope???

A friend is coming over tomorrow who doesn't blog, but he's pretty computer savvy...(Blogger doesn't make it easy...and what I have discovered in the whole computer world is: Any directions given assume that there are certain things you ALREADY know!...Wrong!
Maybe a lot of people do know these basic A B C's, but I do not!!!(lol) NOT!!
Now I'm laughing. I'm so happy for you that you got it all figured out. Pray For Rosemary's baby...me!

4:29 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, and I forgot to say HOORAY!
I'm linked up!! Thanks Rachel...as soon as I learn how to do this...if EVER..you will be in my Link List, too!

4:31 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Don't you know you should wear a hard-hat when feeding the birds - for several reasons? I how you are OK!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter