Sunday, November 22, 2009

Introduction, Nice Surprise, and Sunday Sign

INTRODUCING.... Billie Jo, my new kitten I had told you about in the previous post!





Another whole week has passed and no post until now. Golly gee whiz. How the time does get by these days. And to think that Thanksgiving is this week and then Christmas right around the corner, and then a new year!



Thanks for your concern with the raccoons. I would never let them in my house! I know how damaging they can be. The guy that manages the boat club below us said that some got on someone's houseboat and you could not believe the damage they did. Can you imagine?? He said they got in through a screened window. I know they are crafty at opening things. I'd say that houseboat had to be redone totally inside after that ordeal. You think a boat parked out on the water would be safe but that's not so. Not only do human thieves break and enter but the raccoons too, if they get a chance!

I got my car back this week. It came with a real nice surprise. I picked it up right at closing time on Thursday. I didn't look it over or anything, just drove off. I went to a nearby Arby's and pulled into the parking lot and got out and looked it over then. It looks greats to me! One thing they did, that I didn't expect, is they cleaned the inside of my car for me once all the body work was done. That was a nice plus, but not the real nice surprise.
I noticed a package laying in the floorboard of the passenger seat, and it had some papers laying on top of it which I had left in the car. I wondered what it was and picked it up. It had written on the side, "Found behind the driver's quarter panel." I opened it up and inside was the brand new owner's manuel, the cigarette lighter (which was missing when I bought this car), and two (never been opened) keyless entry thingies, or buttons, or whatever you call them, but you know what I mean!

I thought to myself that surely these could not be for my car?? If they were, the batteries were probably dead by now (the car is a 2003), but I tried the buttons and they worked!! I tell you I was so happy!! I love keyless entry and this was a feature I always wished my car had. All this time it has had it and I never knew it. Obviously the dealership I got it from did not know it either. When I got the car I noticed it was missing the lighter, and he said they could probably find me one if I wanted them to. I told him it was no big deal since I don't smoke anyway.

Who would buy a new car and not want to use the keyless entry? I can understand the lighter thing, since they might have wanted to plug in their phone there. I called the body shop back and asked where the quarter panel was. He said the package was behind the back wheel covering under the mat on the driver's side. I had never looked under the mat in my trunk since I had no reason to. I assume there is a spare tire under there but I've never looked. I never saw any lumps under the mat on the sides, so that package was well hidden. That was my real nice surprise; keyless entry!! I did the dance of joy! I was just that happy!! I get hit in the rear and something positive comes from it! Yippee!!
Sorry my Sunday Sign is a little crooked. I had to take it from a distance.
I hope everyone is doing wonderfully wonderful and that you have some real nice surprise's this week too!! Only real nice ones!!! :)














17 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Your Billie Jo looks a lot like a tomcat named Sylvester we had when I was growing up. Cutie!

Hooray for the keyless remotes! Those do come in handy, especially when it's raining or you're in hurry to get gone from somewhere.

Daddy used to say we kids were worse than pet coons for getting into stuff and tearing things up, lol. There's a lot of truth that that, because they can be really destructive.

Happy new week, Rachel. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

PS: Last I talked to Jessica on Saturday night, Emmy still has a runny nose but otherwise is doing okay. Hopefully it's just the sniffles and nothing worse, bless her heart.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, dear friend. :o)

xoxoxo

9:57 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Awwwww...I'm a sucker for kittens. He/she is a real cutie, too.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Keyless entry is a nice thing. Great sign Rachel. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Ralph

9:08 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, that was a nice find for you. I always take my lighters out so I can carry a cell phone in the place where the lighter hides.

It sounds like it was fixed up right, that is good.

On your crooked picture, you should slow down a little as you are driving by. The picture will be clearer too.

Happy Thanksgiving!
..

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Linda in Erie said...

Such a beautiful kitty! You always come up with some great signs.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Another strike against the reputation of car salesmen! Glad you have you keyless remote and know you will enjoy it while you're juggling loads of Christmas presents -- right?

4:20 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a darling darling kitty, Rachel...! Sweet pictures, too!

Well, that is really FANTASTIC about your Keyless Buttons...! And that it still works....As you said, something really great came out of that accident!

Have a Very Very Happy Thanksgiving, my dear Rachel....!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Billie Jo looks just like my Troubles. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!

4:53 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a beautiful kitten! But then, I am a sucker for B&W cats! I have 2 myself, Hadji and Spook.

When I got my new Toyota van, in order to get a power seat (a medical requirement)I had to get a sliding door that opened by remote. I said I did not want it - but had no choice. Shoot! That is the greatest thing since sliced bread! And especially when I have a cart full of groceries and it is raining! Push the button and the door slides open! Are we spoiled or what?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww your Billie Jo is just adorable! I love kitties with the white paws like that.

Wow, that sure was a very nice surprise you found in your car when you got it back. I don't have a keyless remote but it's sure something I would love to have, especially in the winter time when it's freezing cold!! You will so enjoy having it...so funny though, that you had it all this time but never knew. I've never heard of a "driver's quarter panel", what is that??

Oh yes, raccoons can certainly rip up a whole house with their curiosity! Friends of ours had a cottage and one summer they went to it for the weekend and found it in complete upheaval. At first they thought they had been robbed but ended up being raccoons who had broken in! lol

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones tomorrow dear Rachel. xoxo

11:47 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

What a sweet surprise...and your kitty is just adorable, btw. I love kittens and I've always wanted an orange one. It's on my wish list every year but I wake up to the same Tabby Cat (no complaints) I've had since 1991! She's timeless. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Rachel!! :)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your new kitty has a sweet face. I hope she will be with you for a good long time!

What a great surprise. I don't have a keyless remote but wish I did! It would be a lot easier than fumbling around in the dark trying to find the keyhole especially when it's stormy. You have it Just in time for the holidays!!!

I know about coons too. I have them hanging around my place a lot and have to be very carefull of my little Yorkies because they would rip them to pieces given the opportunity. They carry a lot of really nasty diseases too.
I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is nice to get a little extra service from a company. It means they car about the quality of their work and their clients.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Billie Jo is a cutie. I love the white whiskers. Good luck.

I love my keyless remote. Have fun with yours.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Lisa

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You new kittie, Miss Billie Jo, is adorable...

Wow, what a surprise, keyless entry.... Who would have guessed to look under the mat in the trunk...

Love your church sign, crooked or not...lol.

9:14 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

The only thing that would ever be found in my truck is a petrified french fry or two!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter