Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

I am making progress in this blogging world! Thanks to everyone for their help! I got a few links added and all on different lines now! If you have offered help then you know who you are and I just want to say, "Thank you so much!"

Veteran's Day. I don't do anything special but make sure that I have my flag out, which it is! I try to always put the flag out on all patriotic days. I am grateful to all veterans, as they have fought for the freedoms that we enjoy.

My husband was in the Navy on an aircraft carrier. He loved it! He'd live on one now if they would let us! It is amazing how large they are and all the planes landing and taking off from them. Awesome the things they can build!

I got my yearly flu shot today. Some readers may be familiar with Senior Friends. This is an organization that I got acquainted with when my husband had his first stroke. While he was in the hospital someone said that if you joined Senior Friends that you got a free meal ticket each day (worth up to $4), plus it has other perks as well. I am not quite to the age of a senior yet but my husband is, so I joined us both up. It was $25 for a year I think. Of course I was at the hospital daily, (and he was in there 52 days), so that meal ticket alone paid off in no time! They are based in the hospital and they have monthly events. A very worthwhile thing!

They give free flu shots if you are a member! I simply filled out the paperwork and mailed it in. Then today they had it all set up and folks just had to drive through the parking lot of the hospital (different times according to what letter your last name starts with, so everyone doesn't get there at the same time), and they give you the shot while you sit in your car! We call it the drive by shooting!! My arm is plenty sore too. I have been getting a flu shot now for many years.

I hope everyone had a great Veteran's Day!

7 Comments:

Blogger EV said...

Thank you. That was nice. My compliments to your husband!

PS/ Go to blogger and turn on you "Word Verification" - otherwise you will start to get comment spam.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Mike! I did it!

5:29 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Yting once again to leave a comment...Hi Rachel! Hope the "Comment" problem is fixed...
Will try later, too....

10:02 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

HOORAY!!!!
So happy your comments are working again. Loved this piece on Veteran's Day....!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

got er fixed Rachel. Got a lot of company so I'll catch up in a day or two.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good!

...and I was going to suggest that you turn the "Word Verification" off!

12:23 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Rachel..I can't get over the 'get your shot in the car' deal...Drive-By-Flu-Shots! Actually think it's a great idea! Saves time, and hopefully, the people giving the shots know what they are doing and don't give you fry's with that! (lol)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter