Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ramblings Again


This past week my neighbor and I went to Lee's Ford Marina and ate at the Harbour Restaurant. It's a very pretty place. They are allowed to sell booze now so they have remodeled and added a bar and it's really snazzy. The best part is you can eat inside or outside and get a great look at the marina and the lake. They have some big houseboats there. The waitress told us that last year there was a yacht there that was a $4 million dollar one. Imagine that! I'd like to have toured that one, or better yet stayed on it for a couple of weeks. Ha! Fat chance of that. Gee, I wondered who owned it???

My food was not very good. Way too much salt on my burger. I should have sent it back, but I wasn't very hungry. Last time I ate there I got penne pasta with Alfredo sauce and shrimp. Now that was so yummy! This time I got a burger and chips. I even took a picture.

Next time I'll send it back if they get too happy with the salt shaker.

We stopped to look at townhouses they are building on the edge of the hill overlooking the lake very near there. I wanted to see the view from the back. They have already sold two of them. The asking price is $349,000. They have a basement and then 2 stories with 2 decks out back. Here is a picture taken from the second level deck.

Nice view! That is a bridge with some traffic, but not like an interstate or anything, so probably not too bad noise wise.

18 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That house is beautiful. What a wonderful view.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Well there you go. Cut loose with some of your cash Rachel and you'll have a room with a view.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty, but expensive! We live in rural midwest Kanss, -- the prices of homes, apartments, living places, just astonish me. I just can't imagine having to pay what some people do. We are quite happy in our little nest.

(I would have sent it back.:)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Looks like a great day. The scenery is awesome!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Buy it! Then we all can come visit you, nice and close to your hous boat too!
Sound like the Little Red Hen?
..

8:25 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I loved the pictures. That is a really nice view of the water. When you go near the water order sea food!

Hugs and have a wonderful day!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hamburger and chips picture confused me. If you get chips here with a burger they are french fries. We call them chips.

The house sounds great. Expensive but great view..

3:39 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Hi, Rachel, thanks for the visit and comment regarding Naomi. Come back soon! And don't eat any more salty burgers.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That burger looks good; too bad it was too salty.
I like that view.
I could enjoy sipping on a cold drink and looking out over that water.

9:10 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Wow what a lovely view from the house.

Sorry about the burger.

Take care xx

10:14 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very pretrty views...The lake and from that New Building...Is that price the going rate these days Rachel? I mean..were you surprised at the price?

Thanks dear Rachel for coming by the Party...(I'm hoping you will be back later on in the day...)..I got there early and I was amazed at how many people had stopped by already...Those Truffles are FANTASTIC...Hidden away already! (lol)
See you later, hopefully,my dear...

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty place to have lunch. And I'll take one of those townhouses please.

Cas

8:27 AM  
Blogger EV said...

That was fun! Just like being along. :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Man, that's such beautiful country.
Thanks for your comments btw on my post.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That really is a nice view from the townhouse and I too would have loved to tour that million dollar X4... boat.

7:46 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Looks like such a nice place to have lunch or dinner. We ate at a similar place in FL. Loved sitting next to the water and smelling that fresh air. I love being near a lake. Couldn't afford to live on one though.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great view! I miss being near a lake.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Very nice views, Rachel! I thought that LI, NY was the only place that townhouses were tTHAT expensive! Sorry for the stutter there, I am still amazed at the cost. Next time you go out to eat, send the salty burger back!

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter