Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 4th to everyone!!!




Recently I went to a reunion and it was held beside this beautiful log cabin.  It is a lovely home filled with antiques and all things rustic and wood! It is also completely modern as well. I could live there! It was so peaceful and pretty!



Here's another photo! Just past it was a nice big picnic shelter where we actually had the reunion.




Here is a cousin of mine that I hadn't seen in many many years. He used to come to our house and stay some when I was little. He is the same age as my oldest brother, so I really remember him from when I was a kid and I always thought so much of him. He lives in Indiana. It was nice seeing so many cousins I hadn't seen in ages! I'm really glad I got to go to that reunion. You can see that my hair is very short right now, but I still have lots more than he has!! Haha!!



Here's a picture of some corn that I took today. They say corn is supposed to be knee high by the 4th of July. Well this corn is about as tall as I am, so it is way past that!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoyed their Independence Day. This week has been kind of rough for me. I fell exactly a week ago on the steps going to our garage and it sure did jar this old body up good. I hit on the left side of my bohunkus and my right leg slid under the railing and scraped it good. It didn't rip the skin but it sure did make a huge bruise, which still remains, but it's getting better each day. I hit my tailbone hard and I have been so sore. Each day it gets better thankfully, but it was rough at first. It hurt to walk, sit, sit down, get up, bend over, etc. Mighty painful indeed. I'm just thankful I didn't break anything. I also bruised several other areas of my body as well in that fall.  I blame myself. It had been raining and I had on flip flops, which are always dangerous when it's wet! They are now in the trash and good riddance to them and all their kind!!


8 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Oh Rachel! Like my dad used to say, "Jim, everyone falls now and then does't he?" That scared me bad.

Now you be more careful. Next time you could break something. That's easy to say, I am just recovering from my latest fall. Seems my left leg doesn't always decide to hold me up anymore.

I will fix it if all goes well on July 18 withh a total left knee joint replacement.

Did I mention on my blog that I saw Cliff Morrow on Memorial Day weekend? Julie kept Adi and Katrin for a day at her kennel. Cliff thought he would not have to evacutate but he might now. His lane is flooded which cuts off his escape.

Happy 4th. Don't fall any more. Karen while in college fell and BROKE her sacrum. That wasn't any fun at all. It could have happened to you.
..

9:21 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

A bruised tailbone is nothing to snicker at. I did the same thing a couple of months ago and it took a long time to heal. That is the last time I go down to the basement shoeless. My foot slipped on the bottom step and down I went onto that step with my behind. I cringe just thinking about it.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

So sorry about your fall R. I'll bet that was painful. I've looked over everything here and enjoyed all of your pics. The videos were 'unavailable'. Glad you got to catch up with your relation. Good times for sure.
I mowed our lawn this moring and stole some cherries to eat each time I went by the tree. I thought of you several times. To tell the truth, they may go to waste so get out here.
The flood waters have gone down about a foot but I'm afraid it'll stay there for a couple of more months. The Corp of Engineers really messed up big time on this one. They have ruined a lot of lives by their mismanagement.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Sorry to read that you had a fall Rachel, good that you were able to get to the reunion though, stay well.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Those darn falls stay around to haunt for a long time, don't they? I had one last week - my dog accidently knocked my feet out from under me! THought I had a cracked rib, was awful sore all over for a while, but doing better now. Take care!

8:36 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Yes! Flip-Flops...Very Very Dangerous! I broke a toe when wearing a pair many many MANY years ago---They were tossed, like yours, and I've never worn any since!

Do take care, my dear Rachel....I am glad to know you didn't break anything BUT, still...that kind of fall hurts like hell and certainly causes lots of Bruising!

The Reunion sounds quite wonderful, my dear...And I hope your 4th was a GOOD one...It was very quiet here...And that was fine!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Your family reunion sounds like it was wonderful. Just because you still have your hair, you shouldn't gloat! Some of us baldies might take offense. LOL

I feel your pain from that awful fall. It is probably going to take a long time to completely heal. Trying to remain upright these days is becoming more and more difficult and I truly fear such a fall. Bless you little heart. Hope you are spry again soon.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Pete said...

Grateeful for sharing this

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter