Thursday, August 11, 2011

Snakes Alive!


I hope this snake that left it's skin in our yard is hightailing it away from our house. The way the skin is laying he would be heading up kinda towards the neighbor's house and not ours. The other day I saw a baby one by the garage. The cat, Jamie Dawn, was playing with it. That little snake was trying to bite her, and I don't blame it one bit! I put on my thick gloves and got it and set it over the fence and headed it downhill. I hope it kept going in that direction. Chances are it went and got it's Mama and that's her skin she left there in the yard. I hope she's not looking for revenge!!



Here is one of the pretty cars that was taken at Somernites Cruise here in Somerset.  I don't know what kind it is or the year, but I sure do like it, colors, style, and all.  The last Saturday of each month (during the summer) they have the cruise and it brings in so many old cars. Usually they'll have 1000-1200 that register in. They have the show downtown on Saturday afternoon/evening.  It's really neat to see them all. Folks set up by the main highway in their lawn chairs and wait for them to start cruising up and down Hwy. 27. The crowds that come out to watch are quite amazing to me since there are so many people! The drivers will sometimes speed things up and burn some rubber, depending on the car of course, and the crowd just loves it. Each month they'll try to feature a different vehicle.



Not much going on here, but I'm behind in blogging so I wanted to get a post up. Now since it has cooled off somewhat, I think I'll go sit on the porch with some sweet tea. Care to join me? Come on and sit a spell. 


12 Comments:

Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Wish I could join you on that beautiful porch! Lets drink to cooler weather so we can enjoy our porches more. Have a blessed weekend my friend.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

We are enjoying a bit of cooling off too. Finally some rain. But I am hearing the heat is due back next week. Darn!

Surely the mama snake would not seek revenge when you assisted her child in an escape. Sounds like Jamie Dawn might be a trouble maker. (That was just fun to say:)

Cool car.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

OK, I'll be right there to sit a spell and have some sweet tea (something I have never tasted).
We have those car shows too but not nearly the number yours garner.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

That porch looks very inviting Rachel.

1:11 AM  
Blogger possum said...

oh what a lovely porch! How I wish I had one here... but, maybe some day.
Snakes don't scare me as a rule... but it is disconcerting to find a skin hanging from the rafters in the barn... and I wonder, was it there when...?
And snakes don't have that mothering gene. So don't worry there.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am glad it is cooling down for you folk in the southern US.
I would love to join you on the veranda, coffee, ice tea or milt julep.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I would like to join you on your porch for some sweet tea. Ahhhh, that would be so nice.

Jamie Dawn was just trying to protect you from that snake. Oh, who am I kidding? JD was being a rascal and causing trouble like usual. That darned cat is SO opposite of me!! I'm NEVER a trouble maker! :-)

That car is really pretty. I bet it would be fun to drive. You and I could have a blast cruising in that!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Do they know who took the car? (justkidding) I'll join you on the porch if you'll leave the sweetner out of the tea.
Jamie Dawn IS a cat.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Rachel, you have a beautiful porch. I'm not sure I'd leave if I sat down! I'm glad you like your Bobble Bottles - they are so handy and nice! The colors are fun, also. Have a lovely weekend!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Tipper said...

Love the car-YIKES to the snake skin : )

10:47 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How did I miss this, my dear Rachel...? I have been overwhelmed with any number of things that had to be dealt with--"Business-Wise" papers Noterized, etc.....and then I was "Voting" on 5(FIVE) Blue Ribbon At-Home-Judging Panels for THE EMMYS....Quite time consuming, though most enjoyable....And some visitors were here, from--here and there, AND a 'Ladies Who Lunch' which I hsavem't written about yet----PLUS, being T-I-R-E-D....(lol)!

Would I ever love to sit a spell on the Porch with you Rachel...We could eat a bit of Chocolate and watch the snakes go by...(Just Kidding....) THAT is quite a snake skin, my dear...Glad you got that baby away from Jamie Dawn and sent him packing...!

I hope "IRENE" won't be a huge problem for you, dear Rachel.....People I know in NYC are getting ready for this....It does sound quite scary....!

Sending you BIG (((((((HUGS)))))))

10:28 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Yes! I forgot to mention that I LOVED that Car, my dear----VERY Snazzy...!

And, further, I forgot to say that I will be putting up my post about The Peacocks---HOPEFULLY, Sunday morning....! I think you might enjoy it, my dear.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter