Sunday, October 16, 2011

Visiting, among other things!

Yesterday I had a lovely day visiting my brother and sister in law at their cabin. These pictures were taken on the road you travel to get there. You can't really call it a cabin anymore since they have added on and it now has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, living room, kitchen, sunroom, partial basement, and a nice back deck. So nice sitting there with the peace and quiet that abounds up there. I didn't take any photos of the house though. It was great to get out there and just sit around and visit with them for the day.



This is one of the views that I think is so pretty.

I took the car through the car wash and there was this guy/gal sitting there on the machine where you pay. I thought that was truly an unlikely place to see one of those. 



My neighbor has this new puppy, a Shih-Tzu. It's so cute!! Our Pup was a Shih-Tzu and I keep telling my neighbor that I'm going to steal this one from him! They are such sweet little dogs!




Sunday Sign

6 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE that Church Sign...! And I love all the pictures of your trip to your brothers---LOVE that dear little long green person...He is very very cute...!
I know you miss Pup, a lot.....Maybe it's time to steal that little fella from your neighbor...lol....(Not Really...)

Always great to see that you posted Rachel....Thanks for your good wishes, my dear....I am getting better, but it is s-l-o-w going...At least it is going in the right direction!

2:02 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I looked for you yesterday and went to bed deciding you were not going to post. Delighted to see you this morning and love the post. What a nice visit to your brother's. Know you miss your Pup. You were very observant at the car wash. Guess there isn't much else to do but look around while you wait.

4:45 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a beautiful ride!
And a Shih Tzu neighbor! My favorite!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel ~~ I'm liking your church sign. A closed parachute isn't much good if you need its functions. Like a closed mind I guess.

I would ask to steal your walking stick bug if I was still doing my June Bug (not) series. I don't think I have one of those.

You got me started with the June Bug thing. I still say June Bugs are brown but a little research show they are several colors depending on the species.

Do you need a dog? A nine year old dog? Katrin, our Toy Poodle is always adoptable. She is now a little bit dog. When we got her she didn't even like to walk on dirt or grass.
..

6:58 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Sounds like you had a great drive and an enjoyable visit. Look the Sunday Sign.
Ralph

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Karen On The Run said...

Hi Rachel, I love the fall foliage on your drive! That is a very cute doggie. Lauren just loves dogs. She is always happy to see Adi and Katrina on Skype.

I'd encourage you to try the Nutella. We have two jars in our flat as I found my daughter eating out of it with a spoon one afternoon! :) It is very yummy on bananas, bread, shortbread cookies, graham crackers... And, alone with a spoon!

I hope you are having a very nice weekend!

~Karen

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter